Mitt Romney’s Views on Choice Depend on Who’s Asking

There are millions of people with no jobs or access to healthcare throughout America, but radical conservatives and Mitt Romney would rather focus on restricting a woman’s right to her own private medical decisions.

The Personhood bills that they are working to ram through in states like Mississippi and Florida are some of the worst GOP attacks on women yet. These bills would outlaw all abortions, with no exceptions in cases of rape or incest, or even in cases where the life of the mother is threatened. In fact, the group behind the Personhood bills has petitions to gain supporters in every state.

Radical conservatives and Tea Party cronies think women should die rather than be given life-saving care.

As if this were not enough, this bill would dictate that the use of popular contraceptives, including IUDs and the morning after pill could be equivalent to murder.

And GOP front-runner Mitt Romney is so eager to score political points with the far-right crowd that he said he would “absolutely” support a bill like this on an interview on FOX News. That’s Mitt Romney, who as Governor of Massachusetts once swore he would protect a woman’s right to choose and is now flip-flopping in a desperate effort to gain support among the radical right crowd.

These bills are so outrageous and so intrusive that even people who do not support elective abortions are speaking out against them. By flip-flopping on an issue that is so important, Romney has managed to show his true colors and upset people on both sides of the debate.

Women everywhere should be horrified with how easily he uses legislation on their bodies to try and gain popularity. I know I am.

and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

One Comment

1. Posted November 4, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Permalink

Mitt Romney is NEVER going to get my vote! Not even when he can make up his mind on his views.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

169 queries. 0.417 seconds