No women allowed

Yet another step back for women….

In an effort to raise money for men’s cancers, a Manitoban shopping center has created a “MensDen” for men to escape the holiday shopping frenzy. For a mere donation of at least $5, men over the age of 18 are able to enjoy Hi Def TVs,  play video games and wi fi. Oh and no women allowed. That’s right as their website and on a sign in front of the MensDen states “men only”. This appears to fly in the face of Manitoba Human Rights that states “[the code]…prohibits unreasonable discrimination in areas such as employment, housing, accommodation, the provision of services or contracts and signs and notices”.

Guess the management forgot that little detail (accidentally..on purpose perhaps?).

and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

5 Comments

1. Posted December 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

I’m guessing that’s Manitoba, Canada, yes? It just so happens I’m a Canadian. (^.^) Let’s see how many of my fellow feminists I can enrage with this little tidbit, then we’ll see how long there is a Men’s Den. (~.^)

• Posted December 21, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Yes, that is Manitoba Canada. Excellent I was hoping someone would say that and join in. Our attempts to contact management have been ignored thus far but strength in numbers right? ;)

• Posted December 21, 2011 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

I’ll be sure to also let a few of my friends know …. all across the country. (^.^) Maybe we can make a little dent. (~.^)

2. Posted December 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

If men can’t have men’s only spaces, then why are we okay with women-only spaces? Like women’s gyms, for example?

Just say’in.

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

172 queries. 0.760 seconds