Originally posted at Female Impersonator
So because I am self absorbed and newly marked my very own feminist tattoo, I feel the need to make a post full of some articles, blogs, etc which I have come across recently that have to do with feminist ink. If you have your own feminist tattoo and something to say about it or have another online resource about feminist tattoos, I would love to hear from you in comments!
- An article by a graduate student reflecting on both the pros and cons she has experienced after publicly displaying her feminism in the form of her tattoos
- The Survivors Ink Project (pretty self explanatory, but I love that this is a community space)
- A collection of images and stories of feminist tattoos which can be found on Tumblr
- A brief look at some of the historical and cultural context surrounding women and tattoos
- A reflective look “On Ownership, Marking the Body, and Tatooing as a Feminist Act“