Cultivating a New Generation of Young Female Leaders

By Farah Mohamed, CEO and President of G(irls) 20 Summit

Maybe it’s the change in temperature or the adoption of 21 new sisters that has my optimism level at its highest in months. Whatever the reason, in less than 50 days, the 4th G(irls)20 Summit will take place from the Google Moscow offices. Over six days, an international delegation of girls from G20 countries and one from Africa will tackle the same agenda as the G20 Leaders – Jobs, Growth & Investment. We will take the agenda a few steps further by looking at the importance of economically empowering girls and women so they can play a vital role in the growth of economies and stabilization of their countries. And to make things really interesting, we will layer in and show how technology accelerates the empowerment of girls & women in mining, agriculture, health, etc.

More than a Summit we offer a multi-phased approach to cultivating these future leaders and we do this by working in partnership with more than 50 social profit organizations and dozens of private sector partners.

G(irls)20 features workshops that will teach the delegates everything from how to be media savvy and garner public support for their causes to learning financial fundamentals. We don’t do this because we are trying to create a group of bankers, we do this because whether you are a doctor, lawyer, miner, teacher or social entrepreneur, these are basic skills and all of us need to have them.

Read more at Catapult News

and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

2 Comments

1. Posted June 17, 2013 at 11:20 am | Permalink

I know this has since passed, but how can I participate in any upcoming summits?

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

166 queries. 0.431 seconds