April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Women Thrive Worldwide needs your help to build support for the International Violence Against Women Act…
We’re bringing the faces of the global movement against gender-based violence to Washington, DC next month in a special Capitol Hill reception… and we want you to be a part of it.
It’s easy to help. Just…
- Write “No1” on one of your arms and “Nowhere” on the other (Pro-tip: use a washable marker or body paint for best results. Pink works especially well!)
- Cross your arms as in the photo above
- Have someone snap a picture
- Upload it to Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram, Twitter or your favorite photo sharing website and tag it #No1Nowhere; and
- Submit your photo on the No1Nowhere website.
We will post your photo online, print the best ones, and display them at a Capitol Hill reception with Members of Congress in May to urge lawmakers to pass the International Violence Against Women Act.
The World Health Organization estimates that more than one in three women will experience domestic abuse, rape, or another form of gender-based violence at some point in their lives. In some countries, as many as 70 percent of women and girls will experience gender-based violence.
Our goal is simple: To let Congress know that noone in the world should have to live in fear because they are born a woman… and nowhere is violence against women and girls acceptable.
This is an important part of our ongoing efforts to raise awareness about violence against women and girls. We hope you will join the #No1Nowhere campaign and encourage your friends to get involved too.